Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Coming Out of my Coma

I have lost a few days of existence this week. But I am seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe I'll make it!

I can't believe it! When we got home I told Joyce (Brad's mom who spent our first night with us) a little about Mia's routine in case she was able to help with her any during the night - but told her to bring her to me if she was inconsolable. I really expected that b/c in China she didn't want Daddy or Noni - just Mommy. But....I woke up 19 HOURS later to find that Mia has warmed up and bonded with Mamaw immediately! Wow! She was a doll for Mamaw and only cried when needing to have a poopy diaper. She is constipated from the trip.

I SLEPT FOR 19 HOURS STRAIGHT WITHOUT WAKING UP! Oh, I take that back, I got up at 4 am to throw up and eat a bowl of cereal. Only up for about 15 minutes so that doesn't count. I don't really remember it anyway - just a faint memory. So I get up at 9 PM, Joyce leaves, and we all go back to bed at 10 PM. Up from 12 - 2 with Mia. Down from 2 -4am. Up again from 4 - 6am. Down from 6 - 10 am. Our clocks are definitely messed up. We all took a nap today (Monday). Me and Mia from 1:30 - 4:30pm, and Brad and Macy from 1:30 - 6:30 pm. Krista - my angel - brought us dinner tonight. I was so thankful. I knew no cooking would be going on in this house for a while. I don't even feel human yet. After dinner we went for a walk down our driveway to get Macy woke up. I will write later about the emotions and feelings and observations I made during this walk.

Monday night we slept from 11 - 2am. Up from 2 - 4 with Mia....up with Macy from 4 am - 5:30 am. Macy was WIDE awake. I would just think that maybe she had gone back to sleep and then she would start wallering around in the bed again and talking. Then her breathing would get slow - & I would think - Ok she's finally asleep....but then she would belt out "The itsy bitsy spider...." ! If I wasn't so exxhhhaauutted it would have been really funny!

Macy went on to preschool today (Tues) and we were told DID NOT take a nap. How she managed that after being up all night I don't know. Mia and I managed to go back to sleep from 8-11am. The rest of the day was a zombie like state.

No comments: