Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Macy grows in my tummy, and Mia grows in my heart

Even after I found out I was pregnant - I was awestruck by how my desire and longing grew for this baby in China. As my heart and my tummy grew with Macy - I continued to research China, the phenomenon of the "lost daughters" of China, and adoption agencies.

My pregnancy was TERRIBLE - I threw up every day multiple times for 4 months. Then I had gestational diabetes. Then I had inflamed nerves in my legs and couldn't walk....and on and on. After I had her I was badly anemic and didn't feel healthy enough to take care of her. It was the roughest year of my life. I thought my life was over and that life would never be the same again. :) I was wrong. I did survive. And the child inside of me that brought me so much sickness - has brought my life so much joy!

Brad reminded me this week of how he thought I had lost my mind when I was pregnant! I would watch "Mulan" while I was on bedrest and sob my eyes out b/c of my longing for this chinese child God was implanting in my heart! And I hardly ever cry!

No comments: