Tuesday, March 25, 2008

10 Month Update

Earlier this month, on March 5th, we celebrated the one year anniversary of our "Referral". In adoption circles - this is KNOWN as a very big deal. This is "THE DAY" that you receive your packet that you have been matched with a specific child - and you see a picture of them for the very first time. My life changed forever on March 5, 2007. THE DAY had come. God had put together in His perfect timing - that we were now ready to become the parents of this wonderful little girl that He had created.

Even as I look back now at Mia's "referral" pictures - it almost doesn't seem like the same baby. Even though I "bonded" with those pictures - my only link to this child until I could meet her - she has literally TRANSFORMED before our eyes into such a personality. I think that was the thing most lacking. All she knew up until her life with us was so limited. Her personality had never had the opportunity to develop. The transformation has been almost magical. From blank eyes - to dancing eyes...from no expression - to hilarious interaction...from being an observer of objects around her - to being the object of love, adoration, hugs, kisses, and laughter.
Just watching Macy and Mia giggle and hug and play together tonight has been....ahhhhh....such a sweet aroma to this Mommy's soul. And I love the way Mia's eyes light up when her Daddy is chasing her and then the belly laugh that bursts forth when he catches her!

My life has been so incredible since I finally surrendered running from God 18 years ago. I was so empty, but embracing who Jesus is and what he has done for me, for all of us, has changed me. REALLY. I am a different person. I didn't deserve God's grace. Thankfully He loved me more than I could love myself. And now my mind, my soul, my emotions- feel like they have walked from the desert and taken a long drink of refreshing water. How did I get off on this????....

Oh yeah - My life has been incredible since I finally surrendered my life to God - but I must say - that I honestly think that the last 10 months of my life - have been the BEST days yet! Mia seems to complete the puzzle in my heart that is already full of incredible people....God first of all, my wonderful husband, Brad...our incredible firstborn, delightful daughter, Macy...my family...his family...and finally this missing piece of our puzzle is HERE! Wooooooooo Hoooooooo!

No comments: